FUCKIN MEGA SLAM
okay so my sister just called me racist for calling black people ‘black people’. i have actually been corrected more than once BY BLACK PEOPLE and told that most black people prefer that as not all black people are ‘african american’ or ‘chocolate coloured’, etc. i was told to just call them black instead of tiptoeing around the color of their skin.
This is my favourite bookstore and bookseller in the world. Bar none.
I used to get to Seattle every six months or so, and whenever I visited I always made it a priority to stop in BLMF and ask its keeper what he’d been reading lately. He possessed an inexhaustible memory, a comfortable lack of snobbery, and impeccable taste. The first book he recommended to me, upon listening gravely to my litany of at-the-moment authors (Barbara Kingsolver, James Clavell, Maeve Binchy, Neil Gaiman, Charles DeLint, Anthony Bourdain) was Tipping the Velvet. He also later landed me with Geek Love, Anno Dracula, half the Aubreyad, and more modern Literature-with-a-capital-L than I could carry home.
The next-to-last time I dropped in, I asked if he had any P. G. Wodehouse.
"I have zero Wodehouse," he said, "and here’s why…"
Turned out that some fiend had taken to creeping in every month or so expressly to inquire of any Wodehouse and, once led to the volumes, to buy it all. ALL. Didn’t matter the condition, the edition, or whether he had another just like it in his possession; the villain bought every single P. G. Wodehouse in stock, every single time.
Was he a fan more comprehensive, more truly fanatical than any other I’d heard of, let alone known? Was he virulently anti-Wodehouse, only purchasing the books to keep their wry poison from infecting the impressionable masses? The world may never know.
I didn’t get any Wodehouse then, and I didn’t really feel the lack. I found plenty of other treasures that trip. But here’s one reason why BLMF and its proprietor are my favourite of their kind: that was two years ago, you see. Maybe three. In all that interim, I never planted foot in that bookshop. Never called. Never wrote. And I’m one face out of hundreds of thousands, dear reader; one reader he saw twice a year for three years, then not again for another three.
But I walked in the shop last Friday. Nodded hello.
"Can I help you find anything?" he asked, lifting his head from the phone.
"No, I’m good," I said.
"Wait—hold on a second." He set the phone down, walked ‘round the towers of books balanced precariously on the desk, on the floor, and atop other, only slightly less precarious towers. He jerked his head conspiratorially toward the far end of the shop, led me carefully to a shelf way in the back, removed a tattered stack of mass market paperbacks and motioned me closer to see what they’d been hiding.
Fifteen pristine Wodehouses: crisp, heavy, and—
“Hardcover,” he said, and waggled his eyebrows.
Reader, I bought them all.
Yeah cats TOTALLY only like us for food and have no emotional dependency at all.
Oh, my mistake.
Luke Woodham, 16, WHITE. Murdered two students at his school AND his own mother. Now in prison.
Kip Kinkel, 15, WHITE. Murdered two students at his school AND both of his parents. Now in prison.
Eric Hainstock, 15, WHITE. Murdered one student at his school. Now in prison.
TJ Lane, 17, WHITE. Murdered three students and told their parents that he masturbates to the memory at his trial. Now in prison.
James Holmes, 24, WHITE. Murdered twelve people at a premier of Batman. Now in prison.
Timothy McVeigh, 27, WHITE. Murdered 168 people and injured 600 more when he blew up a building in Oklahoma. Was executed in 2001, but only after a fair trial and appeals.
Not to mention all of the serial killers, school shooters and spree killers who are touted as being “misunderstood” and were given the basic liberty of a fair trial even though the majority of them committed crimes so abhorrent that I won’t write about them on this blog.
But you’re a right. A black, unarmed 18 year old boy who ALLEGEDLY held up a store deserved to be shot while he was on the ground. And he sure as fuck deserved to be laid in the middle of the street, uncovered for over 4 hours. And maybe because I’m a mother too but my mind automatically goes to his mother, she deserved to see her baby being treated like that right?
speak on it!
This is quickly becoming my catch phrase: Fuck white people. We deserve to get shot over a cigar. Over mistaken identities. Over suspicions. They fucking kill busloads full of people. They get a fair trial. A white motherfucker could blow up a building full of orphans and he’ll at least make it to prison. Black dude? Nah. You’re leaving that scene in a body bag and your family is going to prison. Then the cops will shoot your damn dog. Fuck white people.
The owner called and said he didn’t steal anything.
The timestamp from the videos that white people are using as evidence? June. Two months before he was shot. Cops said the robbery happened on the same day as the shooting. Get the fuck out of here.
^^^^ OH DAMN!!!
LOOK AT THE LIES THE POLICE ARE PUTTING OUT 6 DAYS LATER!!!!!!
I’M SO OVER THIS BS!!!
We need feminism because the simple fact that I am very happy as a woman who live her dream, wants kids, and have a wonderful boyfriend, DOESN’T mean that all other women don’t deserve the same Favor! Stop being selfish!
All women should be able to do everything they want without any questions, Choises are theirs, and no one elses. Their happiness does not spoil mine. Every body should be free to not have kids or not getting married, or having their dream job or anything they want, the same way I did everything that I wanted
Sorry for the bad english >_<
A small reflection…
absolutely. there’s nothing scarier than realising ‘it gets better’ may not ever happen for you. that you may have to live with your depression for the rest of your life. sometimes that thought makes you want to make your life a little shorter.
“Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious.”
a collection of your favourite ochestral pieces
001. The Blue Danube Waltz, Johann Strauss Jr.
002. Autumn, Antonio Vivaldi
003. Air, Johann Sebastian Bach
004. Ode to Joy, Ludwig Van Beethoven
005. Surprise, Joseph Haydn
006. Valse Sentimentale, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
007. Concerto for strings in G, Antonio Vivaldi
008. Hungarian Dance, Johannes Brahms
009. Spring Song, Felix Mendelssohn
010. Overture ‘Le Nozze de Figaro’, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
I don’t know about you guys but I am psyched to get an education, woo. This year is a hella important year for me because if I don’t finish this school year with five As then I am a dead man walking, you get me? So this started off as a collection to help me get those fabulous As but I thought, what the hell? I’ll share this perfection with everyone else because sharing is caring. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty
001. CALEDONIA’S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE
- advice for college
- how to survive in college
- how to survive freshmen year of high school
- college packing list
- alternative to buying expensive textbooks
- dorm room survival
- free online college courses
002. WRITE LIKE A FUCKING ANGEL
- the ultimate guide to writing
- how to write good
- how to write an essay
- how to write a good essay
- the five paragraph essay
- deadly sins checklist
- formatting your paper
- tips on getting started
- seven tips to become a better writer (stephen king)
- four ways to have confidence in your writing
- seven ways to speed up your writing
- five ways to add sparkle to your writing
- how to finish what you started: a five step plan for writers
- thirty-one ways to find inspiration for your writing
- tips for dealing with writer’s block
003. READING ISN’T ONLY FOR NERDS AND FANGIRLS
- how to take care of your books
- how to read shakespeare
- no fear shakespeare (i found this incredibly useful when studying macbeth!)
- one hundred most read books
- how to read difficult books
- how to read faster
- books made into movies
- books made into tv shows
- 350+ free ebooks
004. STUDY MOTHER FUCKER
- studying tips
- studying techniques
- how to pull an all-night and still have a successful exam result
- how to get motivated to study
- tips to help you concentrate
- time management tips
- chrome site blocker
005. LEARNING SHIT
- solve any maths equations: 1, 2.
- when your teacher says not to use wikipedia (an alternative)
- square root calculator, cube root calculator
- for when you can’t do your homework
- chemical equation balancer (what got me through chemistry last year)
- cliffnotes, sparknotes
- college courses
- how to: multiply big numbers
- crash courses (youtube)
- teaches you everything
006. PRESENTING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL WORK AY
007. USEFUL WEBSITES BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL PLACE /SOMETIMES/
- TED (basically gods gift)
- challenge your brain
- feed the hungry and up your vocabulary game
- free online textbooks
- final grade calculator
- a whole page dedicated to studying and organising
008. MUSIC TO CALM DOWN UR SCHOOL DAY BLUES YO
- a really chill playist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- calm nature sounds
- concentration/focus playlist
- relaxation is key
- four hours of classical music
- playlists to listen to: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx.
009. ALL THIS STUDYING??? YOU NEED A BREAK, MY FRIEND.
- watch a cute ass dog lick your screen
- one hundred thousand stars
- movies masterpost
- foreign movies
- gay movies
- lesbian movies you should definitely watch
- broadway musicals
- LGBT+ books
- download free books
- read any book
- the best masterpost ever if you’re bored
010. TIPS FOR SCHOOL N STUFF BCUS I WANTED TEN BITS
- try your best. not everyone can get all As, and getting all As does not make you better than everyone else. just do the best you can and be the best person you can be.
- don’t sleep in class! i know it seems so so tempting but slept my way through geography last year and i got a C in my exam instead of the expected A so…
- Don’t tick off your teacher, follow the rules to an extent, get to class on time, respect your classmates and teachers. you know, just be a decent person.
- be positive!!! and not just for the first week or so, keep the positivity going throughout the whole school year. if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- "you can do it, wildcat, i believe in u" — something troy bolton said one time probably definitely